Programme Director URBACT
Paris (75), France
Programme Director URBACT
Organisme de rattachement
Agence Nationale de la Cohésion des Territoires (ANCT)
Fonction publique de l'Etat
Poste à pourvoir le
Quotité de temps de travail
- Domaine fonctionnel & emploi Élaboration et pilotage des politiques publiques • Responsable de projet
- Date de publication 03/12/2020
- Date de fin de publication 26/01/2021
Description du poste
Descriptif de l'employeur
The” National Agency for territorial cohesion” provides advice and support to local authorities with a view to designing, formulating and implementing territorial projects aiming at responding to territorial needs, specificities, challenges and making the most of each territories strengths and assets. At European level, the Agency is the managing authority of the programme URBACT and is responsible for its implementation.
URBACT is an European territorial cooperation programme which is aiming to foster sustainable integrated urban development in cities across Europe. URBACT’s mission is to enable cities to work together and develop integrated solutions to common urban challenges, by networking, learning from one another’s experiences, drawing lessons and identifying good practices to improve urban policies.
The programme is co-financed by the European Commission, the 27 Member States and 2 Partner States (Switzerland and Norway) . They are members of its Monitoring Committee which sets URBACT’s strategic direction and makes decisions to ensure that the programme’s work is effective and of high quality
The Joint Secretariat undertakes most of the Managing Authority tasks for the Member States (MS) and the project partners. Their mission is to deliver high quality, responsive and pro-active services to their main stakeholders: Managing Authority, Member States and project partners.
The programme is currently in its third programming period with URBACT III (2014-2020)
The preparation of the fourth programming period (2021-2027) For this period the European Commission has also proposed the "European urban initiative" which aims to strengthen the links between instruments and activities between European policies dedicated to urban development and in particular cohesion policy. The URBACT IV program will be implemented in synergy with the European Urban Initiative and its actions.
Descriptif du poste
The Programme Director is accountable to the Monitoring Committee and the Managing Authority for the overall performance of the programme and its implementation. He/she is assisted by the 3 units of the URBACT Joint Secretariat he/she is leading: unit administration and coordination, unit projects and programming, unit capitalisation and communication
The responsibility of the Programme Director covers the Technical implementation of the Programme, the relations with the Managing Authority, the relations with the Member States and Partner States, the relations with the Commission on behalf of the Managing Authority and/or the Member States/third countries, the Human Resource Management of the Joint Secretariat, the Contacts with other Programmes and Initiatives.
They cover the present programme URBACT III and the future programme URBACT IV
Within delegated authority, the candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- There will be a first phase with the current programme director of URBACT as a support for the new director.Prepares the 2021-2027 program while respecting the strategic directions of the preparatory bodies, with the support of the current director ;
- Represents the program in the meetings of the Urban Development Group (UDG) and of the Director General and in the various forums related to European urban policy and participate to the the work of the dedicated bodies ;
- Assists the Managing Authority, if necessary, in the preparation of the various internal and external meetings, but also for meetings held at European level (task force group, programming and monitoring committees, UDG, DGUM…) ; Takes an active role in the development of the URBACT 2021-2027 programme, in its strategic, operational and budgetary content
- Provides the interface between the URBACT secretariat and the European commission in the negotiation of the next programming period
- Drives the negotiations with the European commission as well as the Member States and other stakeholders ;
- Coordinates and organizes exchanges with other European urban initiatives and ETC programs(ESPON INTERREG Europe, INTERACT), the Urban Innovative Actions, etc. but also with the cities representatives, networks at European scale (CoR, Eurocities, CEMR, EUKN...) working on urban issues.
- Takes an active part in the work carried out by the European commission in sustainable urban development field and cohesion policy ;
- Contributes to evolving the activities of the programme with regard to European regulations and the needs of the local, regional and national stakeholders ;
- May perform other duties as required.
Other main missions given to the programme Director:
- Implements the Programme III until its closure and manage its ongoing activities (concomitant with the preparation and the launch of URBACT IV) in compliance with the Membe
Conditions particulières d'exercice
Many trips within the EU to plan ;
Very high availability and large hourly amplitude
Professionalism: Ability to identify key strategic issues, opportunities and risks. Ability to communicate clearly links between the URBACT strategy and the broader field of urban development.
Demonstrated ability to provide innovative technical leadership by performing and/or overseeing the planning, development, and management of operation.
Demonstrated ability to negotiate and apply good judgment; demonstrated professional competence; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
Demonstrated ability to build confidence with the members of the governance bodies, involved stakeholders and the team URBACT.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities; delivers outputs; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments.
Managerial competencies: Serves as a role model that other people want to follow: empowers others to translate vision into results; is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives; establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support ; drives for change and improvement.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, management, urban or European affairs field.
3. Work Experience
- A minimum of ten years as programme and financial management, team management is required.
- Solid experience in international affairs and/or EU-funded projects, programmes
- Demonstrated successful experience in management,
Experience working with urban development is desirable.
Experience working with international organizations is desirable.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) and French is required. Knowledge of another EU official language is an advantage.
Niveau d'études minimum requis
Niveau I : Bac + 5 Master, diplôme d'ingénieur ou diplôme équivalent
Nature de l'emploi
- Emploi ouvert aux titulaires et/ou aux contractuels